BLUETOOTH MESH NETWORK
MOST EFFICIENT POWER TO BATTERY
This technical article is designed to give value to the reader through more knowledge on a one seamless network of Solar Panels – Solar Controller -Lithium Battery with its significant benefits.
Bluetooth Mesh Connection Battery and Solar
1. MOST EFFICIENT POWER TO THE BATTERY
For Highest efficiency:
- Individual components have to be most efficient.
- Combined Network has to be most efficient.
- Combined Network needs to be seemless highspeed for fast response to solar changes.
2. ULTRAFAST MPPT SOLAR CONTROLLER by VICTRON
Ultrafast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers.
Advanced Maximum Power Point Detection in case of partial shading conditions
- If partial shading occurs, two or more maximum power points may be present on the power-voltage curve. Conventional MPPTs tend to lock to a local MPP, which may not be the optimum MPP. The innovative BlueSolar algorithm will always maximize energy harvest by locking to the optimum MPP.
Outstanding conversion efficiency
- No cooling fan. Maximum efficiency exceeds 98%. The full output current up to 40°C Flexible charge algorithm
Fully programmable charge algorithm
- Most MPPT solar controllers have pre-set values for Lithium batteries. Redarc and other use 14.5V for bulk charging. This means the last 5% or so of charging Lithium will be less efficient and slower than this controller. By setting the bulk charge voltage higher at say 14.6V, the Lithium batteries will be charged to 100% quickly.
Battery voltage is transmitted by Bluetooth over mesh network.
- Most solar controllers read the battery voltage at the terminals of the solar charge controller. In many cases this voltage has slight losses. It may be because the solar controller is not close to the battery or natural voltage loss in the cable. As a result, charging efficiency is lost. However, on the Safiery network, the actual Lithium battery voltage is transmitted to the Solar control via the bluetooth network. The accuracy is 0.01V. It does not matter how far away the solar controller is, though having cabling of significant size is important for efficiency.
Compensates absorption and float charge voltage for temperature.
- Most solar controllers don’t read battery temprature. However, on the Safiery network, the actual Lithium battery temperature is transmitted to the Solar control via the bluetooth network. The accuracy is 0.1C. It does not matter how far away the solar controller
Real-time data display options
- On the Safiery network, the solar history for today, yesterday, last week and up to 30days is visible on your Smartphone. It connects using Bluetooth into the safiery network.
2. COOLER SOLAR PANELS PUSH UP EFFICIENCY
Triple Insulated Solar
- Our published tests have shown a 10C difference betweeen Triple Insulated Solar and glass solar panels. Tests also revealed a 5C difference between Flexible panels place on the roof of a caravan directly and Triple Insulated Solar.
- Victron’s published analysis of the effect of temperature on MPPT performance has a solid conclusion that temperature rise of 10C will effect overall efficiency by 4.5%
- Victron’s analysis also describes the benefits of solar with a high Voc. Triple Insulated Solar has a 27.6Voc
- Sunpower Maxeon GEN III Solar cells are used. Sunpower reports their solar cells are the highest efficiency in the industry.
Click on the summary below to read the Victron Analysis:
2. BLUETOOTH NETWORK CONNECTED LITHIUM BATTERIES MAXIMIZE EFFICIENCY
Lithium 100% Charging Efficiency
- Most Lithium batteries have 100% charging efficiency. This means if you charge with 100Ah of solar, it will absorb and is capable of discharging the same amout.
Bluetooth Network Connected
- Most bluetooth Lithium batteries have a single bluetooth interface to a smartphone app. That gives you information on your phone but you dont want to be the optimizer of your solar system. Safiery Bluetooth Lithium batteries can connect to the solar controller directly and of course your smartphone. Let the direct bluetooth connection do the heavy lifting of optimization while you sit back and enjoy liesure time.
Advanced Charge Acceptance rate
- The speed that a Lithium Battery will soak up the solar charging is dependent on the charge accetance rate of the Lithium battery. The charge acceptance rate is a function of the internal battery resistance: i.e. how well the cells are connected in the battery lowers the resistance and less energy is wasted internally. Safiery Lithium batteries have one of the lowest internal resistance specifications and it is the most crucial factor in our specification with suppliers and quality testing.