Caravan Solar is Essential for Replenishment Power while Camping
Caravan Solar replenishes the energy used with "all electric" caravans.
High efficiency air-conditioners consume around 800W per hour after allowing for cycling. Although the batteries supply this energy overnight, they need to be replenished the next day.
In the video on the right, 1710W of solar is installed in this ZONE RV caravan. It will produce a staggering 10,000Wh per day in summer. Thats enough to replenish the batteries for air-con running for 10 hours overnight.
Safiery has mastered solar design to achieve this:
- High Panel Voltage as close to 120V as possible (This is 100% legal)
- DC DC for Solar allowing mixed panel sizes and technology
- High quality solar panels in both glass and lightweight flexible.
Simple maths but you have to work in watts not amps:
- Typical couple use 3500-4000Wh/day no aircon
- Aircon adds 800W/hour
- Safiery systems generate the nameplate value x 5 Watt hours/ day in Summer in Qld perfect weather.
- So 1500W of solar x 5 = 7,500Wh. Thats about 4 hours aircon without deleting batteries every day.
DC DC for Solar Changes the Game for High Performance Caravan Solar
Although a Caravan roof is generally a dis-jointed space, Safiery solve this problem by combining solar panels of different sizes and technologies with our DC DC for Solar.
These are a "1/4 brick" high frequency planar transformer that pass the current through a looped circuit to the solar MPPT controller AND add the solar power of each attached solar panel.
However, these units have to be cleverly designed so they don't fight the solar MPPT controllers like Victron.
Its took Bruce 3 attempts in design with failed products before the secret sauce was perfected. Safiery extend full 5 year warranty of these products and all the roof solar panels sold.